What is happening in my mind?

My mind

When my body is relaxed, my mind goes crazy.
Constant thoughts in my head, most of which I can’t control.
As I’m bored I let my mind wander.
Some good thoughts and bad thoughts, all ready for me.
When I put my music on, it’s like I put in the key.
My mind races, and a story starts forming.
When the music changes, so does the story.
It goes up and down, constantly repeating and changing.
I feel my soul as it is affected by its own creations.
Feeling happy or sad, angry or excited.
Then I realize how long I’ve wasted.
Daydreaming all day doesn’t help me one bit.
Feeling partially ashamed at my special gift.
I force myself out of it and do my daily tasks
By the end of the day as I fall in bed.
I start thinking, is this a gift or a curse?
I feel like I’m living 2 lives, one outside and one in my mind.
Then I remember, being an adult means living outside one’s mind.
As long as I can remember I’ve had this gift, being able to create.
One thought turns into an extravagant story.  Like a grain of sand becoming a whole beach.

As I fall asleep I begin hoping.  Hoping that tomorrow I can daydream a little longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety

Freedom from religion

Poem: The presence